Are IT jobs stressful? Have you ever had an email server fail? Or a printer fail? Or a CRM application? How about Internet access? Obviously, our jobs in IT can be very stressful. The reality is that stress is a part of life and, believe it or not, it’s not stress that’s the problem. It’s how we choose to deal with stress that’s the problem.
Stress Management for IT Professionals
Stress is inevitable; it's part of life. Some people, however, aren't affected by stress as much as others. Stress management is about learning how to respond to the stress that happens.
In this session, you will learn:
- The two types of stress and which one can be a problem
- Short-term and long-term tools for dealing with stress on the job and in life.
- An equation for dealing with stress
- Healthy and unhealthy responses to stress
- Simple techniques for responding to stress on the job
For more than 40 years, Don Crawley has worked with technology, from broadcasting to automation systems to data networks. A former IT trainer and consultant, he is the author of eight books for IT professionals including The Compassionate Geek. He’s especially good at helping IT teams work together so they can get things done.