George A. Harris, Ph.D. is a well-known psychologist and author. I interviewed him this week on the subject of emotional intelligence.
Among the questions we discussed were:
- What is emotional intelligence?
- What’s the difference between emotional intelligence and IQ?
- What are the benefits of emotional intelligence?
- How can emotional intelligence be used in the workplace?
- How can I improve my own emotional intelligence?
- Can emotional intelligence be measured?
- Is there a downside to emotional intelligence?
Dr. Harris has some excellent insights on the frequently discussed subject of emotional intelligence, including how it might apply to people in technical fields.
For More Ideas on How to Improve Communication and Customer Service Skills
Bring my IT customer service training seminar onsite to your location for your group, small or large. Click here for the course description and outline.
Pick up a copy of my IT customer service book The Compassionate Geek: How Engineers, IT Pros, and Other Tech Specialists Can Master Human Relations Skills to Deliver Outstanding Customer Service, available through Amazon and other resellers.
Please Leave a Comment
If you find this post helpful or if you have additional thoughts, please leave a comment.