Stereotypes, Generations, and Labels in a Divisive Shaming Culture
How to Build Communication Bridges Between Diverse Groups
When people believe their ability to persuade is based on their ability to shout loudest, how can you maintain the peace and move our world forward? When the court of public opinion can undermine lives and careers, how can we talk with each other? Learn how to use the Compassionate Geek 5 Principles to build communication bridges between diverse groups.
- The power of looking outside your silo
- Focusing on issues, not labels
- The joy of discomfort with differences
- Listening to someone who's different
- Hold yourself to a higher standard than what you expect of others
For more than 40 years, Don Crawley has worked with technology, from broadcasting to automation systems to data networks. A former IT trainer and consultant, he is the author of eight books for IT professionals including The Compassionate Geek. He’s especially good at helping IT teams work together so they can get things done.